IAA Silver Jubilee Summit – Takeaways!
Editor | 08-09-2015
The International Advertising Association (IAA) India chapter marked its 25 years of existence and our own Kochi hosted its 3-day summit – the biggest marketing and communications summit in the country.
1. “Branding is not about advertising… It’s important to build a brand that converges with what’s on ground,” said Amitabh Kant, Secretary, Industrial Policy and Promotion, Government of India. “Brand India will rise if India continues to grow.”
2. “I’d like to thank you for my learnings, and I can’t thank you enough for my earnings,” said the King of Bollywood, SRK. Adding to it, “my belief is that the next big star will not be from the film world or TV world, but will be from the digital world.”
4. Advertising needs a new business model. A new world order is where you make money because you do good. Today’s marketing is about co-creation; tomorrow’s marketing is about co-action. Cindy Gallop, Founder and former Chair of BBH, USA and founder of the MakeLoveNotPorn, New York
7. Social is set to disrupt all that we believed is gospel in marketing . All the four Ps are set to be disrupted But social media cannot make your brand better: Simon Kemp, Regional Managing Director, We Are Social, Singapore
10. Content is no longer about newspapers and magazines. It’s about creating properties that are exclusive. It’s important to be in the Content Business and not the Advertising Business: Rahul Welde, Vice President – Media, Unilever Asia, Africa, Middle East, Turkey & Russia
Whyletz CEO, Mr. Ahmad Vaseem at the WHAT’S COMING NEXT on the second day of the IAA Summit.
The IAA, headquartered in New York, is an integrated advertising trade association with membership representing advertising agencies and the media. It comprises of corporate members, organisational members and educational affiliates, as well as 56 chapters with individual members and young professionals from 76 countries.
Twitter (#IAASummit) | AFAQS | CAMPAIGNINDIA | DNA
by Editor | 10-02-2017
by Editor | 29-09-2015